Holidays are a time to relax and rejuvenate. It’s the time to travel, party and enjoy. With friends and family getting together to enjoy some cherished moments, you’ll certainly not want to come back to a ransacked home. As a lion’s share of burglaries is carried out by opportunistic thieves, holidays give them the perfect time to be on the lookout.
So if you too are heading off on your much awaited vacation, ensure that your home is safe and well protected from unwanted intruders.
Here are a few tips and techniques to keep your property safe:
- Inspect and Assess Your Locking System: Your locking system should be effective and worthy. Before leaving check the status and effectiveness of your locks. If they are flimsy and worn-out, go in for an upgrade and installation of a robust security system.
- Install High-Quality Lock Gear: High quality locking system comes across as a comprehensive package. From lock and key devices to technically advanced keyless locks, security camera and alarm systems, ensure everything is in place.
- Pack the Duplicate Keys Carefully: If you are planning to hide your duplicate keys in your backyard or front lawn; we strictly recommend against it. Instead you should pack and keep them safely. In case you happen to lose your master key, call in a locksmith expert to help you in.
- Don’t Broadcast Your Plans: Your vacation plans, your departure and arrival date, all should be a hush-hush affair. Barring a trusted few, do not discuss your plans with others. Also, if you are too much into social networking, put up pictures and videos only once you are back from the vacation.
- Check Doors and Windows Too: On the D-Day, don’t just lock and main door, check windows too. Check all possible entry points to your house and lock them properly.
- Install an Alarm System: Installing an alarm system can be a great idea. In an attempt of a breakthrough, the ringing alarms will make the neighbors and passersby cautious, preventing a probable theft.
When it comes to upgrading your security system and keeping your home safe, a proficient and expert locksmith can provide you tips and suggestions to help protect and safeguard your home. At Safe Lock Solutions, we are the finest and the most trusted locksmith in Liverpool. Our locksmith operations extend in Altrincham, Allerton, Birkenhead, Crosby and other suburbs in UK. Give us a call at 0151-515-0123, and we’ll ensure that you are vacation ready!